Genesis 7:17-20 The flood continued for forty days on the earth. The waters increased and bore up the ark, and it rose high above the earth. The waters prevailed and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the face of the waters. And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered. The waters prevailed above the mountains covering them fifteen cubits deep.
Do we have any evidence of a global flood? Where did all of the water come from? How much would it have to rain to cover the planet with water above the highest mountains?
- Institute for Creation Research: Did Noah's Flood Cover the Whole Earth?
- Evidence for God: The Genesis Flood: Why the Bible Says It Must be Local
- Answers in Genesis: Was there really a Noah's Ark flood?
- Rational Wiki: Global Flood
- NCSE: Yes, Noah's Flood May Have Happened, But Not Over the Whole Earth
- Wikipedia: Flood Myth
- Talk Origins: Flood Myths
- Iron Chariots: Flood
- Skeptic's Annotated Bible: Genesis 7:17
Genesis 7:17, Genesis 7:18, Genesis 7:19, Genesis 7:20