Genesis 25:5-6 Abraham gave all he had to Isaac. But to the sons of his concubines Abraham gave gifts, and while he was still living he sent them away from his son Isaac, eastward to the east country.
In Genesis, God gives Abraham everything. He blesses him above all others. Yet Abraham clearly has concubines. Why doesn't God ever mention them, let alone chastise Abraham for having them? Does God support infidelity, promiscuity, sex slavery, and/or polygamy?
- Got Questions?: Why did God allow men to have concubines in the Bible?
- Bible Hub: Concubine
- Biblical Polygamy
- UK Apologetics: Concubine
- Wikipedia: Concubinage In the Bible
- Concubines and 'biblical families': Literalism, inerrancy, slavery and a great deal of money
- Skeptic's Annotated Bible: Polygamy
- Skeptic's Annotated Bible: Genesis 25:5
Genesis 25:5, Genesis 25:6