Genesis 1: 16 And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.
In the creation account the Bible lists the two great lights, the Sun and the Moon, but the Moon doesn't actually generate light. Why would the Bible refer to it as a light? And why is the creation of the stars mentioned separately if the Sun is a star?
- Answers in Genesis: By the Light of the Moon
- Revelation.co: Does the Bible Call the Moon a "Lesser Light?" Genesis 1:16 Commentary
- Live Science: Why Does the Moon Shine?
- Why Does The Moon Shine? (Video)
- Skeptic's Annotated Bible: Genesis 1:16